On this page
Decjuba Pty Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our” or “DECJUBA”) is committed to ensuring that your personal information is collected, used and held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles and general law.
Our legal bases for collecting, using and holding your information
We will use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement such as an order you place with us.Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of DECJUBA in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best service and most up to date products in the most secure and appropriate way, for example by providing your details to our delivery partners or using the purchase details of customers to identify key trends,Legal Obligation – where there is a statutory or other legal requirement to share the information.Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment details or receive marketing communications from us. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
What type of information we collect, use and hold
The personal information we may collect, use and hold includes:Information about you – your name, address, email address, phone number, your social media accounts and your age;Information about your use of the DECJUBA Website, your shopping habits and preferences;Information you provide in submitted competition forms, enquiry or complaint details and other records of communications; andOther information you provide to us.We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information in order to:
- Notify you of any special offers or competitions;
- Improve your overall shopping experience;
- Sell to you our merchandise;
- Mail purchased goods to you;
- Develop and improve our products and service;
- Send you marketing material and other communications.
- Advertise content that may be of interest to you;
- Fulfil a contract or arrangement we have with you including employment.
- DECJUBA may also be required to collect personal information from you by law.
How do we ensure that your personal information is protected
DECJUBA is committed to ensuring that your personal information is securely protected at all times. DECJUBA will take all reasonable steps to prevent your personal information from being modified, lost or shared without your consent.DECJUBA has appropriate and secure computer and network systems as well as sound internal policies and procedures to safeguard your personal information.
When do we pass your personal information onto a third party?
DECJUBA will not sell, rent or trade personal information to, or with, third parties.The Website may contain links to other websites. DECJUBA does not share your personal information with those websites and it is not responsible for their privacy practices.In some circumstances it may be necessary for DECJUBA to pass personal information onto a third party. Third party service providers will have access to your personal information only to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to provide our services.In some circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to third parties that perform a range of services on behalf of DECJUBA including:
- Our service providers or partners,
- Delivery and shipping providers;
- Information technology providers; and
- Other consultants.
- A session cookie is stored temporarily and lasts until you close your browser.
- A persistent cookie is stored on your device and lasts until you or your browser deletes it.
- Site functionality – these cookies allow you to navigate our Website and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Add to Wishlist”.
- Website analytics – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you on our Website and third-party sites such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Google analytics
We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions.If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How you can request access to your personal information
We will only hold onto your personal information as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purpose we are collecting it.You can review, change, update or request us to destroy your personal information at any time using the contact details below. You can request your data in the form we store it at any time.Please let us know if your personal details are recorded incorrectly. We will take all reasonable steps to promptly correct personal information that is not accurate, up to date or complete.If you ask that we destroy your personal information or have it permanently removed from our system, we will do so securely.Sometimes your rights are subject to exceptions permitted by law. We will provide you with our reasons if we can not comply with your request.